The Team

The Team
from left: Allen Kittenger, Jodi Webb, Albee Zhang, Ben Tennant

6/15/2008

Pan de Vida

Sad news. We haven´t heard from our good friend Juber in several days. He broke two appointments to have dinner together and I´m not sure why. However, the last time we saw him, he said something about his son being sick. Of course, this was the first mention any of us had ever heard of a son, or even of a family for that matter. I´m not sure what´s going on with him, but please pray for him that whatever he´s going through that he might be strong enough to do what God would have him do.

Happy news. None of us are laid up in bed anymore. We´ve actually had two days in a row now that we were all able to walk around the city and be present at planned functions. Yesterday we started the day by seperating up and going on a prayer walk around the entire city. We got the chance to walk by the bull ring, see parts of the city we didn´t know existed, found a new plaza, and also talked with several construction workers as we were walking back to our hostal. The two groups then met back up after lunch and chilled out for a little while until we went to the orphanage to hang out with some of the kids. We had planned on telling a bible story to them, but never really could calm them down or get them together enough to tell them a story, so we decided to stick with just singing some songs with them and spend some good bonding time with our good friends, Christian and Reuben. FOr some reason, God has drawn these two young men to us and we´re really excited about that. Hopefully, we will be able to use them as an in-road to start a Bible study with some of the older kids at the Orphanage. So, please pray about this.

So, Methuselah was kind enough to invite us to his house Friday morning for a traditional peruvian breakfast that consisted of some cheese tamales that were rediculously tasty yet, crazy dry. But, that was ok, because he also fixed us a drink that was like a thick, cinamon hot chocolate with oatmeal in it. Crazy good, though I don´t think anyone else liked the entire meal as much as I did. I ate five of the tamales (Allen was runner up with two) and I drank my whole cup of drink. Albee beat me at the drink as she drank two whole mugs, but I think she regretted it within the hour as she became a little bit sickly. So, I don´t think she´s as excited about our lunch date with him tomorrow as I am. In all actuality though, pray for us that we will be able to stomach what he has so graciously offered us.

Speaking of sickness and the girls, Romi has offered to let them live with her free of charge, however, since we´ve already payed for our hostal through the end of June, they won´t be able to move in until after midsummer. However, this will be perfect because Romi is one of the like two people in Coracora with a heated house. This means the cold that has been plaguing Jodi may actually have a chance to heal. Also this will provide a good solid relationship with Romi as well as her daughter that could have a good chance of starting a new or strengthened relationship with Christ for all parties involved.

I would also like to report a praise as we had a new attender at the house church we´ve been going to this morning. We got to teach about The Lord´s supper and baptism, the prophecies leading up to these, and the imagery and position of Christ in all of these throughout all of the scriptures. It was an amazing service and touched on many of the key topics of the Christian faith. And yes, it was a three hour meeting. Hopefully the truths sank into those that were there and provided a solid spiritual meal for all present. I know I got a good filling. with that said, pray for us as we continue to try and get this and possibly more home-churches and bible studies started with a firm basis in God´s word.

As for an update with personal contacts, we are making good friends with one of the locals named Dante. He has started hanging out with us more often and has attended several bible studies so far. Also, he and Allen are meeting tonight they are going to practice speaking German. God has a ton planned for this inteligent young Engineer and I know that he will be a valuable contact in this small town. Pray for him that he might continue firmly in his walk.

Side message- I now have MSN messenger. My screenname is Benjavajammin@live.com if you ever catch me while I´m online, feel free to drop a message.

God bless.

1 comment:

Dad-O said...

Looks like everyone is doing a great job. Keep up the great work.
We are all praying for youn's