The Team

The Team
from left: Allen Kittenger, Jodi Webb, Albee Zhang, Ben Tennant

7/04/2008

Itchy noses

Wow, God definitely blessed us with some rest and reenergizing both physically and spiritually in Nazca. I can´t begin to describe how encouraging it is to reunite with people with the same goal and focus as you. As far as physical comforts, though, we did get to eat some chinese food and get some real coffee. . . espresso even. We didn´t see the Nazca lines, but I don´t think there are any hard feelings among us about that as we did get a much needed reprieve from the mountain climate.

I did leave Nazca feeling more like a hippy though as we got to have an impromptu jam session in a bus station and then caught a few hours of sleep in another bus station and as for me I even caught a few z´s in the trunk of a station wagon turned taxi using a guitar case for a pillow. Which, my face still hurts from all of the bumps on the road btw. After about a day and a half with about 2-3 hours of interrupted and unrestful sleep, though, our planned trip to Cilcatta and Pausa seemed highly daunting; especially with the added task of making preperations for our friends who are coming tomorrow from both Poplar Grove and the Creative Ministry Team. So, needless to say we postponed our trip and also made a few changes.

First, we're not leaving for Cilcutta until next Thursday. This postponing allowed our friend Yulber to go ahead of us this week and begin to make preperations for us to share the gospel with his friends there. Also, we are taking one of the local Technical College students who is orignially from Cilcutta and he is going to take us on a tour of the nearby SaraSara volcano. That's right, we're not only getting to share the gospel but God has provided us the chance to see Peru's youngest western volcano. We're going to climb up on donkeys to the snow-capped crater. . . or at least that's the plan, but I'm not sure how us low-altitude loving gringos are going to handle the 18,000 feet summit. Then, we are going to stop about half way down the mountain and make camp and spend a night under the stars wrapped up like mummies in sleeping bags and jackets.

Thats enough though of things that aren't even for certain. The really good stuff though starts tomorrow when the CMT and the Grove teams show up for a week full of fun. The CMT will be performing skits and worship services in Spanish at several of the local schools and even in the two most popular plazas here in Coracora. We're hoping that this mass spread of "Drive-by gospel" will ignite a thirst for the truth in the hearts of the locals and that God will use this team to brighten the spirits of both the locals as well as us. Also, tonight, we are starting a nightly Bible Study with some of the local believers as part of a plan to disciple them as we go through the book of John. Pray that this Bible study will continue and also remain in prayer for our other Bible study with the pastor that it will keep going and that it will also keep growing. Thanks for all of your prayers so far and I hope to have another post up sometime within the next few days telling of the progress of the CMT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ben!

What up, 13,000 feet not cold enough for ya! You guys are nuts...I wish I were there! Sounds like fun...I think.

We pray for you guys daily. Your posts make me wish I was still there...even with the cold.

I pray that your spirits remain high with all that has happened. If you guys need anything please let us know.

Everyone at The Grove is looking forward to seeing you and Allen when you get home. Be safe and tell Daniel God loves him if you get the chance.


Barry <><
missionary@charter.net